Tim came to the Bar from a background in human services and the building industry for the first 20 years of his working life.
Educated at Melbourne’s Wesley College he has from there achieved a BA in 1991 and LLB in 2000. Tim worked in a boutique construction law firm from 1999 to 2001.
Since admission he has focused on building & construction disputes.
Tim appears in all jurisdictions that have a building & construction division or focus including but not limited to Builder Licensing in the ADT Home Building matters in the NCAT, Local District and Supreme Court. He has also appeared in the superior courts of Victoria and Queensland.
Tim is able to focus the industry knowledge, which is kept current by membership of the Master Builders Association and serving their committees, and legal expertise to each matter in which he is briefed.
Tim also appears in the Corporations list of the Supreme Court on insolvency matters and the Federal court in Bankruptcy matters. He regularly takes other commercial briefs to which he applies the same attention and skill.
Tim regularly appears in courts and tribunals in rural and regional NSW.
Tim’s fees are available on application to his clerk.
Tim can be contacted by phoning or emailing Leoni Freeman, Clerk to Hunter Street Chambers
- Building and Construction
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations Law
- Partnership Disputes
- Professional Liability
- Real Property
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Environmental and Planning Offences
- White Collar and Corporate Crime
- Work Health and Safety
- Civil Appeals
- Real Property
- Employment Contracts and Restraint of Trade
- Industrial Disputes and Statutory Employment Rights
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Commissions and Other Inquiries
- Coronial Inquests
Environment and Planning
- Civil Enforcement
- Compulsory Acquisition of Land and Compensation
- Environment and Planning Offences
- Local Government
- Merit Appeals
- Valuation of Land – rating and taxing appeals
- International Commercial Arbitration
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Expert Determiners
- Neutral Evaluators