Robert appears in all criminal matters including Jury Trials, Sentence Hearings, Appeals, Defended Hearings, Local and Children’s Court matters.
Advocacy is a passion for Robert, who also appears in commissions of inquiry, inquests, regulatory prosecutions and professional disciplinary matters.
Robert has extensive experience in criminal law. From 2011 to 2014, Robert worked with the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Ltd in the Central West and Riverina regions. Following this period, Robert worked with the Legal Aid Commission from 2014 to 2019 at Newcastle. During this time, Robert has appeared in the full gamut of criminal matters in the Local, District and Supreme Courts of NSW.
Being a sports enthusiast, Robert has appeared in sport disciplinary tribunal hearings. Robert has also worked in the Professional Conduct Department of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, United Kingdom, during a sabbatical overseas in 2016.
Areas of Practice
- Proceeds of crime
- Crimes against the person
- Environmental and Planning Offences
- Juvenile justice
- Mental illness
- Proceeds of crime/money laundering
- Property offences
- Sexual assault
- White collar and corporate crime
- Children’s Court matters.
- Child Sexual Assault Pilot Scheme
- Children’s Serious Indictable Offences
- Commissions and other Inquiries
- Coronial inquests
- Professional misconduct and disciplinary proceedings
- Sporting tribunal disciplinary proceedings